Friday, January 18, 2013

To Repin or Like?

When I first started out on Pintrest I would only repin things that I had tested out and done successfully.  I wanted my pins to be credible.  This had two adverse effects for me.  One was that if I really did just like something, but I didn't really want to try it or have it in my stuff, I didn't have a way to show my support.  The other is that I, at this writing, have 526 likes and only 112 pins.  My likes are all things that many others might just repin into their respective boards, making it easy to find them again when they want to use one. 

I have recently changed my strategy a bit.  Part of this is due to the introduction of secret boards, I only have one and its for recipes I want to try. I'll post a recipe to my Yummy Foods board when I know we like it, but if it fails, I want an out.  The other part has just been the recognition that if it's something I want to find again, I should put it on one of my boards.  Since I do feel compelled to make sure something I put on one of my public boards has merit, I will often take the time to click through, just to make sure it really is something worthwhile.

For instance, this pin sounded interesting and its definitely the type of thing I used to like rather than pin.
Source: wikihow.com via Alayna on Pinterest


I've only tried this once, and I don't know precisely how much there is to the detox bit, but I did feel great afterward and I'll give it shot again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment